Track section shapes

Use this forum if you need help using TSRE.
Archimage
Now my friend is placing signals on my main route and prepairing for release and i have time to reincarnate my other friend's route. The problem is that his route used its own handmade track sections (unique shapes and textures) and in order to make the route work properly you had to copy them to Global using .bat file what was not comfortable (using .bat every time you wanna play his route and the second .bat to play other routes) but was the only way in MSRE and MSTS.
As i know TSRE structure should check the route Shapes&Textures folder before checking Global folder. Thats why i copied all unique track section shapes and textures to the route's Shapes&Textures folders and made .sd file for every shape... but it did not work. There are still standart rail sections in the route. Is there a way to solve the problem in TSRE without changing standart section shapes&textures in Global? Somehow re-adress TSRE to use shapes and textures for track sections from route's folder?

Goku
Site Admin
TSRE doesn't provide additional solution. You have to do it like it is MSTS.
Users add this string to original shape name in .w files:
../../routes/routename/shapes/

Archimage
Goku wrote: 04 Mar 2019, 21:17 TSRE doesn't provide additional solution. You have to do it like it is MSTS.
Users add this string to original shape name in .w files:
../../routes/routename/shapes/
Its not a good way. The route is big with one of the biggest railway yards in Europe - there are thousands of shapes in more than 80 tiles. Do you think its real to add the string to all the track section shapes in all .w files? There are not 10% but nearly 90% unique shapes in his track section pack... nearly all standart sections are changed.
But what about experimental Shape Template function? Can it be used to change the default track section shape for another?
If not, can you think about solving such problems in future? Like the ability to read the track section shapes primarily from route folder? If TSRE can do it with static objects why dont use it with track sections?

Goku
Site Admin
Archimage wrote: 04 Mar 2019, 21:32Its not a good way. The route is big with one of the biggest railway yards in Europe - there are thousands of shapes in more than 80 tiles. Do you think its real to add the string to all the track section shapes in all .w files? There are not 10% but nearly 90% unique shapes in his track section pack... nearly all standart sections are changed.
Then it should be made as a mini route -> mini installation with one route and own global.
Archimage wrote: 04 Mar 2019, 21:32But what about experimental Shape Template function? Can it be used to change the default track section shape for another?
If not, can you think about solving such problems in future? Like the ability to read the track section shapes primarily from route folder? If TSRE can do it with static objects why dont use it with track sections?
Shape Template is used for procedural shapes. It is something completely new, experimental function in TSRE and it is not supported by OR or anything else.
So, it can't be used to solve your problem.