Signal Head linking

Use this forum if you need help using TSRE.
viaEstrecha
Another question (sorry). I was trying to place a direction signal but when I tried to link the signal heads to the appropriate tracks, the 'Link' buttons seemed to do nothing. Have I missed something or is this a feature not yet available?

Old dog finding it hard to learn new tricks

Goku
Site Admin
Link button enables the set link button. You link using this button.

viaEstrecha
Goku wrote: 27 Feb 2019, 18:15 Link button enables the set link button. You link using this button.
Yes, but when I click the lower button (ie Set Link [0] or Set Link[1]), nothing happens - I had expected some further dialog to open, allowing me to indicate the chosen route, perhaps from a popup diagram?

Goku
Site Admin
You have to click in the 3d view. Guide is on TS and ET. Sadly not yet here.

viaEstrecha
Goku wrote: 27 Feb 2019, 21:17 You have to click in the 3d view. Guide is on TS and ET. Sadly not yet here.
Jeszcze raz, wielkie dzięki!

I downloaded the guide and after a bit of experimentation I learned that in the 3D view (which I had unsuccessfully tried), I needed to click just to the side of the ballast, not on the track itself, or else the focus goes to the track section and then I swear a lot!

Now it all works fine - a very useful tip that one.

Just out of interest - the three figures that appear when a link has been made - I think the first is the junction number which sets the chosen route, the second is the first track index for the appropriate route and the third is the next junction or end node reached via that route. After successfully linking in TSRE, the signal did not seem to work in ORTS, even though the linking had made the same signal settings as the old MSTS RE. Oddly, once I had used the latter to rebuild the track database, the signal did work as expected, although that may just have been a coincidence. Is there an equivalent function in TSRE, namely to rebuild the track database?

Goku
Site Admin
viaEstrecha wrote: 27 Feb 2019, 23:47Just out of interest - the three figures that appear when a link has been made - I think the first is the junction number which sets the chosen route, the second is the first track index for the appropriate route and the third is the next junction or end node reached via that route.
Yes.
viaEstrecha wrote: 27 Feb 2019, 23:47After successfully linking in TSRE, the signal did not seem to work in ORTS, even though the linking had made the same signal settings as the old MSTS RE.
It's difficult to say what could be wrong.
viaEstrecha wrote: 27 Feb 2019, 23:47Oddly, once I had used the latter to rebuild the track database, the signal did work as expected, although that may just have been a coincidence. Is there an equivalent function in TSRE, namely to rebuild the track database?
But if you rebuild TDB in MSRE then all interactives are lost ...

Archimage
But really an equivalent function in TSRE to rebuild the track database (better improved and more stable in comparison with MSRE or even working without a lost of interactives) will be very useful to repair the broken routes, cause in MSRE if you route is trashed too much this function can do even more harm....

systema
I seem to remember having a problem with the track database some time ago and I fixed it quite easily with TSRE. Unfortunately I can't remember the exact procedure. However it was along the lines of removing the duff piece of track and replacing it while having the TDB line above the rails still active.

Mick Clarke
MidEastPlus