Placing track sections from GLOBAL\SHAPES\Subfolder?

Use this forum if you need help using TSRE.
viaEstrecha
I use DBTracks and have implemented the installation method given at http://dbtracks.com/?Installation, namely to add subfolders to GLOBAL\SHAPES, each containing a set of alternative tracks to allow you to have, for example, some tracks with catenary or a different type of sleeper. The structure is thus:

The alternative versions of a tracksection are then specified in the route's WORLD .w files. A track section will have a filename of, say, 'DBOHW/DB30f_a1t60mStrt.s, where DBOHW is a subfolder of GLOBAL\SHAPES in which several hundred objects are listed and DB30f_a1t60mStrt.s is the DBTracks alternative to the MSTS standard a1t60mStrt.s:

This all works well and looks good in both OpenRails and TSRE but I have a problem in the latter, when trying to select track to place, as I seem unable to be able to navigate to the files in the subfolders and they do not display as a group in the first drop-down:

Even more puzzling is why 'a1t' etc standard sections are also not listed in the first dropdown, even though the standard track sections are still present in the GLOBAL\SHAPES folder. I don't know where TSRE gets the information from, to build this list, otherwise I might be able to make a workaround myself.

However I can place via copy and paste a DBTracks track section which is already present in the route - see the highlighted recent file above. It is not that the DBTracks files don't work - I just cannot persuade TSRE to find them via the placement interface!

In the old MSTS RE, the DBTracks sections in the subfolders are automatically listed:

So my question is how can I get TSRE to list the DBTracks track sections stored in my subfolders?
Old dog finding it hard to learn new tricks

Goku
Site Admin
TSRE lists tracks available in global tsection.dat. This file contains track definitions, not .s files.
S files are just 3d shapes.

TSRE hides unavailable tracks by default and that is why you see a difference between MSRE. Set this option in settings.txt to false:
ignoreMissingGlobalShapes = false

viaEstrecha
Thanks - that showed me where to look for the problem and helped me discover I had a mysteriously modified Global tsection.dat, which was helpfully pointing to my subfolders instead of the defaults, causing much confusion! Handy in some ways but no good when you're trying to find something not working as expected.

I've put in a newly downloaded and clean tsection.dat and I think the easiest workaround is to use the old standard track section names to place in TSRE (now that they do show up again as they ought), and then separately edit the filenames in the .w files afterwards to make use of the DBTracks alternatives.

Love the editor - it has made me want to play train simulation all over again!
Old dog finding it hard to learn new tricks