Auto placement - how to place on the right side?

Use this forum if you need help using TSRE.
Archimage
I need to place my wire posts to the right of my railway track (single track) but when using auto placement it continues to place it left from it. Tried to changed it using "Rotate offset - Rot 180 deg" but when doing so it places wire posts right of the track BUT the wires are not connected properly (as they are when not using the rotate offset). How to make the auto placement function place the wire posts on the other side of the track when needed?

Goku
Site Admin
I don't know. For wires, offset won't work and the wire 3d shape should be made with Z=0 value.
Maybe you should auto place on a ruler with road path created, not a track?

Archimage
But then how to make it place the wire columns on the other side of the track? if rotate offset not an option?
Ruler not the best choice. The curve is sharp and the length on it more than 5 km.

xavivilla
The solution that we use is to have a set of poles for the right of the track and another set of symmetrical poles, for the left of the track and at each moment we place what interests us most.
Goku wrote: 24 Jun 2020, 17:55 I don't know. For wires, offset won't work and the wire 3d shape should be made with Z=0 value.
From what I have observed, it is the same as shape use using auto placement, if we give a value to translate offset Z, the alignment breaks. The higher the Z value, the greater the effect.
Traslate offset X works correctly.
I apologize for my English of translator

Archimage
xavivilla wrote: 24 Jun 2020, 18:33 The solution that we use is to have a set of poles for the right of the track and another set of symmetrical poles, for the left of the track and at each moment we place what interests us most.
but the pole i use is universal so it can be placed either on the left or in the right and all looks good. But the problem is that in the situation i need it on the right not on the left but the auto-placer places in on the left.

Archimage
Just see:
https://imgur.com/a/TAmaVvN
i need the poles to be on the right of that track!

Goku
Site Admin
You have to make custom shape.

Archimage
Goku wrote: 24 Jun 2020, 18:55 You have to make custom shape.
what do you mean by that? i am a route builder not a modeler. I use the wire poles that are already created for the russian routes. Maybe you can add some new function for uto placement in future? like the normal rotate offset? it would solve the problem...

Goku
Site Admin
Nope. Your track wire set should have left and right shape version.

Kapitaen13
You do not need a modeler but a route builder with a good vision.

Copy the shape, give a suffix in the name - left or right.

Use the Shape File Manager to flip the shape over.
http://www.elvastower.com/forums/index. ... nager-v25/

Compress, save, create .sd.

Use object!