Is it safe?

Use this forum if you need help using TSRE.
Archimage
We are going to remove the signal system in our route and to install the newer-better one. The guy who will do that for my route told me that it would be better to rebuild the database of the route using MSRE before doing so. But the route was already modified and saved hundreds of times by me in TSRE and contain several markers for more than 4 tracks (you know that in MSRE you cant expand the marker for more than 4 tracks and in TSRE there is no such a limit). If it safe to do so? Wont it corrupte anything?
Updated: he rebuilded the database. The markers for more than 4 tracks still remain alive. But the question is still here - will that do any harm in future or its ok?

Goku
Site Admin
How did you rebuild track database in MSRE without trashing interactives? For me it never worked well.

If it work in MSRE after track database rebuild then it will definitely will work fine in TSRE.

Archimage
But is it really neccessary to rebuild the database if i want to delete the old signal system and to install a new one? or i can just delete all the old signals, change the sigcfg&sigscr and place the new signals?

Goku
Site Admin
Yes. You can just delete all the signals. No need for rebuilding whole database.
Make sure that you removed all signals, open TDB file and look for "SignalItem". If you find at leas one, there are still some signals in the route.

I'm working for a function in TSRE to automatically remove all signals.