Signal lights "moving out"

Use this forum if you found a bug.
Goku
Site Admin
Archimage wrote: 18 Jan 2020, 16:05If you need MSTS editor i can try to pack it for you in an archieve.
Do you have a portable version? Original MSTS install won't work if not installed.
I have new computer with Windows 10 and lost my MSTS installation disks somewhere, so can't fix this issue now. I will try to find them later.

Archimage
Here it is. Made it from RTS pack. Use Editor&Tools.exe to launch the MSRE editor. If problems with registry use MSTS Registrator.exe in the main folder.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1V4Luh ... lqhy0nC6im

Goku
Site Admin
Thank you. Seems to work fine. Now I can make a test route and compare results of moving a signal in MSRE and TSRE.

Goku
Site Admin
Archimage wrote: 29 Nov 2019, 19:001) Just to place a new signal and move the signal shape from the track to near track where it should be in real life.
I did it and I see no difference between MSRE and TSRE data. I thought that it could be caused by not updating "TrItemRData" values, like in platform bug, but MSRE doesn't update it too. It even does not rewrite TDB if you only move signal shape.
Are you sure that this bug can be caused only by shape movement? Can you show me an example before and after?
Archimage wrote: 29 Nov 2019, 19:002) Turn (Rot) the not-bugged signal shape. A certain probability that it will be bugged after that.
3) Double-flip the not-bugged signal shape. If you double-flip it again the bug will be fixed.
These two I have to check now. Does your manual fix requires modifying Signal "QDirection" values?

Archimage
Goku wrote: 08 Feb 2020, 17:52
Archimage wrote: 29 Nov 2019, 19:001) Just to place a new signal and move the signal shape from the track to near track where it should be in real life.
I did it and I see no difference between MSRE and TSRE data. I thought that it could be caused by not updating "TrItemRData" values, like in platform bug, but MSRE doesn't update it too. It even does not rewrite TDB if you only move signal shape.
Are you sure that this bug can be caused only by shape movement? Can you show me an example before and after?
Archimage wrote: 29 Nov 2019, 19:002) Turn (Rot) the not-bugged signal shape. A certain probability that it will be bugged after that.
3) Double-flip the not-bugged signal shape. If you double-flip it again the bug will be fixed.
These two I have to check now. Does your manual fix requires modifying Signal "QDirection" values?
1) The problem also can be with writing the shape position/rotation in world file of the tile! But i can say that this bug happens only after you touch the shape of the light (turn it, copy-past the "rot" of the track to it, double-flip it) or just after you place signal and move the shape where you need.
2) I dont know but counting on my experience the bug can be fixed (but not always the first time it turns out) also by "reseting and re-copying "rot"" or by "double-flipping it" - so it can be fixed nearly in the same way the shape can be manually bugged!

Archimage
The other thing that may help to understand the problem (or not). In RTS we also have the bug connected with letters. We have a file of letters (special letters assigned to each signal according to the station plan) for RTS which can be visually seen on screen with "letters seen" option turned on in RTS. The file records are written manually and look like:
SignalUnit (
Position ( -4951 14652 380.1370 1.0000 821.8850 )
NumSigItems ( 1 )
Name ( "ЧМ5")
UnitFlags ( 00000000 )
DefaultAspect ( STOP )
)
SignalUnit (
Position ( -4951 14652 841.6014 1.0000 796.2042 )
NumSigItems ( 1 )
UnitFlags ( 00000004 )
DefaultAspect ( STOP )
)
etc....
So for every signal there is a record with the corresponding coordinates and properities.
The bug is that if you change ONE signal in TSRE (for example move it) the records of DOZENS (not only that one) of traffic lights are broken after that (its written that there is no signal on that coordinates and you need to rewrite them). So changing the coordinates of ONE signal somehow influence the database and change the coordinates of other signals even on the different tiles far-far away even that they dont move visually. And this happens only in TSRE. In MSRE only ONE record of letters file would be broken (the one signal you changed). Dont know why.

Goku
Site Admin
Archimage wrote: 16 Feb 2020, 10:28The bug is that if you change ONE signal in TSRE (for example move it) the records of DOZENS (not only that one) of traffic lights are broken after that (its written that there is no signal on that coordinates and you need to rewrite them). So changing the coordinates of ONE signal somehow influence the database and change the coordinates of other signals even on the different tiles far-far away even that they dont move visually. And this happens only in TSRE. In MSRE only ONE record of letters file would be broken (the one signal you changed).
TSRE rewrites TDB on Save even if you don't modify it. Moving only a signal shape won't cause MSRE to rewrite TDB.

Do you have specifications of custom parameters RTS uses inside .W or .TDB files? I can add support for them in TSRE.

Archimage
The problem is that RTS is a closed source program cause Ted, the developer of RTS, was a little bit greedy (or not wise). And this is very very bad. Because there have been no connection with Ted for the last 2 years and still some RTS bugs need to be fixed. The admins of multiplayer RTS projects can't tell me anything about how RTS works with files. But i can give you RTS and you can try to decompilate it - the fans of RTS wont have anything against you in this case so you are free to do that.

Goku
Site Admin
Decompilation is not required. Just tell me what custom attributes do you have to set for RTS, so that I can add them in TSRE read/write functions.

I'm talking about this:
The file records are written manually and look like:
SignalUnit (
Position ( -4951 14652 380.1370 1.0000 821.8850 )
NumSigItems ( 1 )
Name ( "ЧМ5")
UnitFlags ( 00000000 )
DefaultAspect ( STOP )
)
Where is it written?

Archimage
Goku wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 13:24 Where is it written?
The special program "RTS dispatcher" (pity i dont have it, its a kinda of a secret program only for train dispatchers and admins and not given to everyone even to route developers) is used to create an ".rtsdb" file using some manual manipulations in that program. The file can be opened by a notepad and is moved inside the route folder after that. So every route for RTS after the creation is given to the admin who uses the RTS dispatcher to make "file of leters" for the route. During the singleplayer if there is a proper .rtsdb file inside the route folder you can use "show letters" function to see the letter for every signal on the route (like you can see the names of tracks in MSTS/OR). During the multiplayer the train dispatcher who uses the RTS dispatcher program also see not only the letters but all the properities of every signal of the route (if they are discribed in the file of letters).
For example for my route the file of letters is here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NPZwd ... h3NnFIa_45

The problem is that after the changes in the database (even if you just move one signal shape to a better place or rotation) of the route you have to recreate the file of letters cause the coordinates of signals somehow change. And its a pain in the ass. Still its not the biggest problem.
P.S: some of RTS fans told me that you have some polish umlauts in the code of TSRE and its not good and should be fixed cause uncommon signs...