Navigation-window will not open

Use this forum if you found a bug.
carlos
I'm running TSRE v04968.1 started as an adminstrator.

Im owning three computers which show different behavings.

The desktop-computer (win 7) and a screen with 1920x1200 resolution works fine. The navigation-window is created.
The laptop (win10) runs also fine with a screen using 1920x1200 resolution

The third (main) computer is a desktop system (win 7) with two screens and resolutions of 3840x2160 and 1920x1200
If i use this system to start TSRE the navigation-window will NOT open!

Relative to windows, the 1920x1200-screen is the primary screen. However, the main-window opens at the 4k screen.
All screens on all computers use true-color.

"Tools" within the main-window says, that the navigation is active. Switching off/on here has no effect.

what shall i do?

regards
Carl-Heinz (Carlos)

Goku
Site Admin
There is no such version, v04968.
I don't know. Try disabling your second screen before starting TSRE?

carlos
I misspelled the number.
The version is v0.6948.1

Which screen should i disable?
I may try the high-resolution screen(4k), but this is the working situation as i already wrote.
I cannot disable the low-resolution screen because this is the primary screen of windows.

If i change the primary screen and disable the low-resolution one, other programs which need this screen (e.g. msts) will no longer work.

regards
Carl-Heinz (Carlos)

Goku
Site Admin
Just disable one only for a moment to run tsre.

carlos
I did as you told me.

I changed the primary windows-screen to the High-Resolution-Screen (3840x2160). Then i disabled the Low-Resolution one.

When i now started TSRE the navigation window was created.

So, the error only occurrs when two screens are active.

Hint:
Starting TSRE with two screens, the selection-window is diplayed at the Low-Resolution-Screen. But it does not fit this screen. In order to select a route and to click 'load', i have to move this window to the High-Resolution-Screen.
Then the main-window will be displayed at this screen, but no navigation-window (at neither screen) is created.

Regards
Carl-Heinz (Carlos)

Goku
Site Admin
No, it works fine if you have two screens configured properly. Many people use two screens with no problem.
Your configuration is wrong, because you have primary screen with low resolution and secondary screen with high res. It should be opposite.
I think that Windows has some settings to force an app to run on preselected screen. It should solve your issues.

carlos
The problem may not occur if the position/size of the window(s) can be specified or preset.

In my configuration the valid screen-positions are: (left,top) to (right,bottom)
High-resolution: (-3840,0) to (0,2160)
Low resolution: (0,0) to (1920,1200) (primary)

When TSRE opens the (main-)window it selects a position with negative values . (-3203,247) to (-633,1885)

However i found that the Navi-window is also created. But the position is: (-1,1239) to (609,1633). So it is neither visible nor i can move it to a valid position.

Regards
Carl-Heinz