Terrain Painting and switches

Use this forum if you need help using TSRE.
fchrist16
I'm going to be "bad" here and cover TWO subjects in one thread. :D

Question 1) is there anyway to make the tile lines, which are very obvious, disappear? I am doing the texturing via "texture" with a loaded texture? Some areas it is VERY noticeable and bad looking! I've brought the brush/intensity down to 1 and up to 100 and everywhere in-between with no luck. Image

Questoin 2) I love TSRE but I do have a question about signal links for you. If I remember right, in MSTS you can link a signal to the track between switches but in TSRE I can not...Is there a way to get this updated in a future update?

Switch 1611 and 1615 are separated by 5m of track (as MSTS needs).

Switch 1615 splits to S1615 and T1503.

Switch 1615 splice to T1505 and T1507.

I want to tell a signal behind Switch 1611 to look at just the 5 METER section between it and S1615. Right now I'm having to tell it to look at T1505 if I want the LINK to work

I hope you are staying well and healthy!

Regards,

-Frank C.

Goku
Site Admin
Signal linking works for me, even for the small track parts. As others for help.

fchrist16
Thanks for the response Goku! I will take some screenshots and visually show what I man as I can't seem to link things just right...

Any ideas on the terrain?

Regards,

-Frank C.

Kapitaen13
There is a problem with tgatool or aceit. One of these programs copies the right pixel row to the left side when compressing - or vice versa. I had the same problem with these lines a few years ago - and in some routes you can also find these broken tertex.
For me it has nothing to do with the TSRE5.
I had to recreate all textures and make sure that they were compressed only once.

Regards, Jan

fchrist16
Goku,

In response to the signals, let me explain a little more in detail. On a yard ladder, in MSTS I was able to link to the BLUE X or the GREEN X's. In TSRE, I am only able to link to the GREEN X's for some reason...I am just not clicking on the track (under the BLUE X) right or...? :?

Regards,

-Frank C.

fchrist16
Kapitaen13 wrote: 25 Apr 2020, 06:59 There is a problem with tgatool or aceit. One of these programs copies the right pixel row to the left side when compressing - or vice versa. I had the same problem with these lines a few years ago - and in some routes you can also find these broken tertex.
For me it has nothing to do with the TSRE5.
I had to recreate all textures and make sure that they were compressed only once.

Regards, Jan
See my response over on TS.com's forums...I don't think it's related to what you described as I'm using the COLOR/TEXTURE Paint tool of TSRE.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Goku
Site Admin
You are probably clicking too close to the next junction. Click closer to the junction you want.

fchrist16
I'll give that a try and see what happens and report back.

Regards,

-Frank C.

fchrist16
Goku,

No change in trying to get the proper link on the switch no matter where I click. It will only go to the GREEN X's not the blue one.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Goku
Site Admin
Then ask someone who know how to link for help.