London Tilbury & Southend line v.2 (MSTS)

Use this forum if you found a bug.
kenpix
Hi, just started using this route editor and I'm very impressed. One problem that's surfaced though is with the above route, recently downloaded from the UK Train Sim forum. I've attempted to do some scenic changes using TSRE but only a limited number of shapes appear in TSRE's ref file list despite far more contained in the route's Reference File (including many I've copied from other routes using Route Riter).
TSRE5 only has this problem with the LT&S route. Can any light be shed on the matter please? I'm using TSRE5 v.0.69761.
Thanks
Ken

Goku
Site Admin
There is probably a bug inside .ref file that prevents TSRE from loading it. Try to find it.

kenpix
Thanks Goku for replying. I'll check through the ref file, although strangely when using the MSTS route editor all the required shapes are showing!
Ken

Goku
Site Admin
Some ugly comments in .ref file may make TSRE fail to load it.

Switch Tender
Ken,
There's a little program in the Trainsim library called MSTS Ref File Manager, https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/tslib.php ... t&fid=7698 that will open your ref file and rewrite it cleaning up the formatting.
At the very least it will open the ref file up to where the error is, then you can look for a missing bracket or whatever is causing the issue.
I've been messing with it for the last week. It's great and I wish I would have known about it years ago.

Randy

kenpix
Cheers, found extra brackets in the ref file causing the error and now corrected. I've downloaded the ref file manager and it looks a useful bit of kit.

Ken