How not to skip errors?

Use this forum if you need help using TSRE.
Archimage
I have a problem. I want to connect the newer tiles of the route to the older version of that route (versions made by different people) but the newer tiles have some mileposts placed on them (linked to the tdb of the newer version). So i need to delete them somehow after pasting the tiles to the older version.
When i worked in MSRE in such situation when loading the particular tile with mileposts not linked to the tdb of that version of the route there was an error window saying "Object on tile X, y, can't load the details of Milepost. Delete the object? (save route after that)" And if i pressed "Yes" and saved the route that particular milepost was deleted forever and the problem was gone. In TSRE there is no such window because it skips all the errors so i dont have a way to delete that objects cause it cant be done manually (hard to find all of them and TSRE has a criticall error if trying to delete that mileposts in a manual way). Is there a way to do that in TSRE? Maybe write something in "settings" in order not to skip the errors and delete the broken mileposts in a way it was done in MSRE?

Goku
Site Admin
You can't.
You should remove them before joining the routes.
There should be an option for this in TSRE but was never done.

You can try this:
renderTrItems = false
and
writeTDB = false
In settings.txt.

Then run TSRE and select view->worldobjmarkers and you should be able to remove these items, but you must know where these broken items are.

I think it would be easier to remove them manually from a .W file. Don't know why it didn't work for you, because it is really easy thing to do.

Archimage
Goku wrote: 24 Nov 2019, 18:02 You can't.
You should remove them before joining the routes.
There should be an option for this in TSRE but was never done.

You can try this:
renderTrItems = false
and
writeTDB = false
In settings.txt.

Then run TSRE and select view->worldobjmarkers and you should be able to remove these items, but you must know where these broken items are.

I think it would be easier to remove them manually from a .W file. Don't know why it didn't work for you, because it is really easy thing to do.
Even with that 2 options in "settings" and "worldobjmarkers are seen" when i choose the worldobjmarker linked to any of that broken mileposts TSRE crashes in the way it does when i try to choose the milepost shape itself so no manual deletion allowed.

Removing mileposts from world files is a very bad option cause that new distance is nearly 100 km - more than 50 tiles to check.

Also i can try to load the route in MSRE and delete it in MSRE standart way and pray that all would be ok after saving the route but its a bit risky cause worked in TSRE too much.

Archimage
I did it in an old way using MSRE but as i know in future versions TSRE wont be compitable with MSRE, so Goku plz think about some tool to solve such problems! Like the tool that can delete the world items that have broken link to the database. TSRE should have all the tools the original editor has.