Couple of questions about TSRE5

Use this forum if you need help using TSRE.
amtrak115
As an exercise in learning it's capabilities, I've been reworking Michael Vone's book related to TSRE. I've run into a couple of issues....

one, I know Ctrl-Q turns automatic TDB update on, however is there any visual clue you are in that mode?
two, I was working through an exercise with dynamic track from MV's book. Basically creating a -0.5 angle with an 80m radius with a slope of -3 degrees. I get through all the track girations...then I Press Z then try to elevate the terrain to the track with F...it just spins it's wheels at that point. Now I just crossed over the edge of a tile if that makes a difference but the dynamic track piece is all within one tile. Any clues to what might be happening?

thanks for any info..

later

Barry

amtrak115
I've tried different methods to get terrain to "raise" under dynamic track...it crashes everytime. I was able to lay a piece of dynamic track. rotate it to the desired grade. I then stuck a straight road segment over the dynamic track, change the gradiant of the road to the same as the track. lower the road until the track was basically sitting on the road, Hit F, the terrain raised to meet road, then I deleted the road. Might not be the correct way....but it worked....