complete newbie to tsre5

Use this forum if you need help using TSRE.
amtrak115
I'm a complete newbie to route editing...I've been able to create a new route, load the map for that route tile, load the HGT data for that tile..starting laying track...and that's where I have a couple of questions...

#1. In the attached photo you can see track sections. I "set rotation to terrain","Set position to terrain", Adjusted rotation so "tracks alight" however you can see the elevation changes between sections....I'm using 10m sections.. is solution just smaller sections...?

#2. When you exit TSRE is there a way to save you position, Camera, etc. so that when you go back into the editor you are where you were when you left??

I appreciate your patience with newbie......

thanks

amtrak115

amtrak115
guess it helps if you send the picture dummy!!!!
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (65.22 KiB) Viewed 7043 times

Switch Tender
#1, dunno
#2, In TSRE click on Route in the upper left corner, Edit route settings, on the left under Start Tile enter the coordinates shown in the Navi window. The Navi window shows where you are standing at any given moment.
This is what mine looks like.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (11.08 KiB) Viewed 7032 times
Randy

Goku
Site Admin
Don't use options you mentioned.

Switch Tender
Why not? It works.

Goku
Site Admin
It was an answer to the first post, not yours.

Garry
Hi Amtrak
I don't know anything about the "set position/rotation to terrain". I don't even know where to find them.

Place your first piece of track and rotate it to the correct direction using the "R" key followed by number 4 or 6 .
While the track is selected press "F" and the terrain will conform to the track.

Place your second track piece and this should snap to the first piece. Again F will adjust the terrain.
If you wish to adjust the gradient do this in the panel on the left BEFORE you have the tdb lines showing on the track.
Under "Elevation" there are a number of different ways of setting the gradient, I use the default 0/00.
I find that changing this by 5 for each 10m length of track gives a fairly smooth transition.
(Note that TSRE will change your value slightly unless you enter 5.00 10.00 15.00 etc.

You should find that long sections of track join up correctly.
Garry