OpenAl32.dll error

Use this forum if you need help using TSRE.
Jose Manuel
Good morning to all.

I have a friend route designer (not part of this forum) who has a problem when it comes to upgrade to version 0.6963 in 64bits
The OPENAL32.DLL library generates an execution error.
We have completely replaced the TSRE5 folder with all its contents and still have the same problem.
What are we doing wrong?
Can you tell us any help?
Thanks for your cooperation.

Excuse me if this query is out of place in this post. It's the first time I participate. In any case, put it in the right place.
Jose Manuel Genzor
Zaragoza - Spain

Goku
Site Admin
Choose openal.dll file for your windows version, download it and place it in your TSRE directory:
http://koniec.org/tsre5/data/openal/

Jose Manuel
Goku wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 19:07 Choose openal.dll file for your windows version, download it and place it in your TSRE directory:
http://koniec.org/tsre5/data/openal/
Thanks for your quick reply, but we had already downloaded the proper .dll.
We have managed to work correctly after several reboots (Windows has these weird things)...
Jose Manuel Genzor
Zaragoza - Spain

semafor
Hello. I am new to the forum and to TSRE. I have seen info about it on several Polish rolling stock websites and I have downloaded a few versions of TSRE but none of them wants to install on my PC. I am running Windows 10 64 bit version. I have downloaded the .dll file and have placed it in the right directory but I keep seeing the missing .dll message. I am really disappointed for being unable to properly install the TSRE and start using it to create consists and maybe experiment in building routes. Can anyone help me with my problem, please :roll: :roll:

Switch Tender
Where are you trying to install it?
You need to stay away from the protected "Program Files" or "Program Files (86)" folders.

Randy

semafor
Switch Tender wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 02:05 Where are you trying to install it?
You need to stay away from the protected "Program Files" or "Program Files (86)" folders.

Randy
Hello. I try to launch the .exe file. I click on it and 3-5 seconds later I get the openal32.dll missing message. And that`s it. I have read on the Internet that the missing .dll file should be placed in a specific directory and I have placed it there but nothing happened, no change. I have tried and downloaded a few different versions but the result is always the same :cry:

Goku
Site Admin
The DLL file must be in the same directory as TSRE exe file. The name of DLL file must match and you have to use proper version for your system 64 or 32 bit.
Stay away from "program files" directories etc.

semafor
Goku wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 19:35 The DLL file must be in the same directory as TSRE exe file. The name of DLL file must match and you have to use proper version for your system 64 or 32 bit.
Stay away from "program files" directories etc.

Hello and thanks for the assistance. Now it works fine :D