Mesh Painting - Seasonal ?

Use this forum if you need help using TSRE.
Scottb613
Hi Folks,

OK - loving the new mesh painting features - but how do we handle "Winter" ? As you can see in the attached - Winter - is looking for the missing painted tiles that are in the normal Terrtex folder and - obviously - not finding them in the "Snow" directory... I haven't seen any way to switch Terrtex texture sets to "Snow" in TSRE5... Ideally - we should have the option to "Display Winter" - then show only modified custom mesh texture tiles - that way it's very obvious in the editor - which files I need to modify to make the route whole again... Obviously - we need both directories to jive with which tiles are modified...

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

Kapitaen13
To modify ace textures for winter you only need RouteRiter and a graphics program. Here is a small guide - Sorry is in German! :)
https://the-train.de/forum/thread/19218 ... post158800

But for TSRE it would be great if you could change the seasons for the addition and troubleshooting.

Greetings, Jan

Scottb613
Hi Jan,

Thanks so much for the idea... Started me thinking - I guess I can just manually save the Summer Terrtex elsewhere - move the Winter Terrtex into the Summer directory - attempt to paint only the tiles that have been previously modified - then reverse the process and copy them back - hopefully not introducing any new tiles into the mix when doing all the work... I really don’t want to go back to Mosaic style mods where I need to use an external image editor... TSRE spoiled me... Its a kludge and certainly not elegant - but it might work until we have a more viable solution...

Have a good day...

Regards,
Scott

Kapitaen13
HI Scott.

with RouteRiter and PhotoFiltre i change 100 Summer Textures to Snow in 5 Min.
In the picture the differences between the Distant Mountain Textures

Regards,
Jan

Scottb613
Hi Jan,

Hey - that’s a neat trick - nice work - sir...

I’ll look into it a bit more - appreciate the help...

Regards,
Scott

Goku
Site Admin
TSRE doesn't support seasons, but it is planned in the future.

Garry
A problem that I see with seasonal textures is ensuring that the snow and the standard texture have the same file name. It would be possible to swap the terrtex and terrtex/snow folders and edit the snow textures, but would the files names end up being the same?

A way round this in the short tern is provided by OR itself. You can create a generic snow texture (and one for distant terrain) and OR will use these if the specified texture is not in the snow folder.
Details are in the OR manual
15.2 Repetition of Snow Terrain Textures on page 205

Garry