Multiplayer Editing Demo

Forum for discussion about TSRE features.
Louis
Goku wrote: 11 Jan 2022, 08:57
Louis wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 20:13 Yes, we rent a Dedicated Server in Europe, on virtualization, and in principle it makes no difference, but of course ArchLinux is better, I use it as the main system myself.
I see that you know something about programming or scripts at least.
Maybe you don't know but TSRE is open source and you can see the code on github. It's a total mess but you can find some answers to your questions.

Many actions in TSRE just dont send updates to the server. That's why you can see "out of sync" results sometimes.

I'll try it in the evening, via linux, since we are doing tests on two operating systems at once. In order to test the functionality to the maximum, the server is actually working stably, which we did not do with it yesterday, after you released version 8, we tested it until 5 am in Moscow. The moment with synchronization is corrected simply by re-logging the user to the server.

Louis
Goku wrote: 11 Jan 2022, 08:59
Louis wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 22:16 Tell me how to save. I tried to write save in the console on Windows, but nothing happens, it does not even allow me to enter a command. I tried using cmd, powershell, the result is negative
I did try it only on Linux. Maybe there is a bug on windows ...

Maybe a Windows bug, I'll check for Linux in the evening. On Windows, the TSRE console is launched, there is nothing to write in it.

Louis
If I understand correctly, you are using the QT library, you are allowed to enter data under Windows. In the evening I can give an example of what is happening in it. Also tell me do you have an email that you can write to outside of this forum?

Goku
Site Admin
My email in in tsre about window.
But I prefer to use forum, unless you want to ask about something privately.

Louis
Goku wrote: 11 Jan 2022, 11:55 My email in in tsre about window.
But I prefer to use forum, unless you want to ask about something privately.
Yes I want to ask you a private question

Goku
Site Admin
Louis wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 20:16 Also a question, does your port work over tcp and udp? or on a specific one ?
It works using websockets. Websockets are TCP sockets using HTTP. I chose it because I wanted to make web client.

Goku
Site Admin
Ok, in version .7.010 I made a lot of updates for you:

- now console input works in Windows too
- new console command: users - lists connected users
- new authentication method, set: "serverAuth = file" In settings.txt, and make new file users.txt, add each user in new line, for example:
goku = ubuntu
user = password
File users.txt can use UTF-8 encoding, just like settings.txt
All users that don't match users.txt entry will fail to login.
- new console start options, for example: TSRE5.exe --server --port 65534 --ip 127.0.0.1
- now interactive items changes, like platforms itp, are send to the server.

--
To avoid possible damage of TDB database, better agree with users who is going to place tracks now. I think that if many users will place and remove tracks at the same time, it may cause errors in Track Database, but it has to be tested if it is true.

Louis
Goku wrote: 11 Jan 2022, 17:55 Ok, in version .7.010 I made a lot of updates for you:

- now console input works in Windows too
- new console command: users - lists connected users
- new authentication method, set: "serverAuth = file" In settings.txt, and make new file users.txt, add each user in new line, for example:
goku = ubuntu
user = password
File users.txt can use UTF-8 encoding, just like settings.txt
All users that don't match users.txt entry will fail to login.
- new console start options, for example: TSRE5.exe --server --port 65534 --ip 127.0.0.1
- now interactive items changes, like platforms itp, are send to the server.

--
To avoid possible damage of TDB database, better agree with users who is going to place tracks now. I think that if many users will place and remove tracks at the same time, it may cause errors in Track Database, but it has to be tested if it is true.
Good evening, goku. Thank you so much for the update, now I will gather my guys and we will probably test until the morning like today, we finished testing everything at 5 am Moscow time. I didn't think (If it's possible for you), about how to fix the issue with out-of-sync with rails, I attached a screenshot above. I understand there are no personal messages on the forum, I will write to you within an hour.

Louis
Thank you so much for the release of fast and high-quality fixes) We really appreciate it.

Goku
Site Admin
Louis wrote: 11 Jan 2022, 18:29I didn't think (If it's possible for you), about how to fix the issue with out-of-sync with rails, I attached a screenshot above. I understand there are no personal messages on the forum, I will write to you within an hour.
I don't know how your track bug could happen. If it is going to repeat, then we can look into it.