Dyntrack display bug in RTS

Use this forum if you found a bug.
Archimage
I found out that in RTS some dyntracks are not displayed correctly. The visual angle of the dyntrack differs from how it looks in TSRE and its not properly connected to the common track section on one of the sides. There is a suspicion that the problem is related to world file and not tdb (like it was with the negative quarternion signal heads bug that you fixed a year ago).

Some facts about the bug:
1) When the dyntrack is bugged its shape angle slightly differs from how it looks in TSRE and its always not properly connected to the common track section on one of the sides (the side where you flex to, not the one where you place the dyntrack). You can see the difference between the display in TSRE and RTS in the screenshots.
2) When the train rides the bugged dyntrack it goes where the real dyntrack is (the TDB line) but visually the dyntrack shape is situated right/left from its real position. So the tdb line is correct but the shape angle is not.
3) I dont know what parametre causes the bug. I have 8 dyntracks on one station and all of them are good and i have 2 dyntracks on the other station and both are the bad ones. Replacing the dyntracks or reversing its direction doesnt help.
4) the "first zero length dyntrack section" is NOT the case. I tried to uncheck it and some dyntracks even dont have it and are still bugged
If you need more info to fix tell me here.

To understand what i have written above there is a link to the screenshots and txt files from world files with good and shit dyntracks.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qo-vwz ... sp=sharing

If you find out what the problem is plz tell me because i need to release my route and have no time to replace the bugged dyntracks with the classis sections.

Goku
Site Admin
I have no idea why it can be wrong.

Archimage
Goku wrote: 12 Feb 2021, 16:41 I have no idea why it can be wrong.
The only i can say that the train rides the proper TDB line of the dyntrack. But the shape of the dyntrack itself is not good as you see. So it shouldnt be the database but the world file or the tsection.dat. Need any other info? Cause i really dont know how to fix that and why only some dyntracks are bugged.

Archimage
Guys any ideas what can be wrong with RTS? Why it can read the dyntrack shapes so bad even the tdb line of them is ok?

Goku
Site Admin
MSTS, OR, TSRE and RTS don't use TDB for making these shapes but data from the W file. Sadly I don't see any pattern in your examples. You can experiment with it more, but I don't know if you can do anything about it if no one is working on RTS anymore.

Try using negative angles for dyntracks instead of positive?

Archimage
Goku wrote: 15 Feb 2021, 10:59 Try using negative angles for dyntracks instead of positive?
But how? I always use Flex for the optimal dyntrack. It decides the whether the angle is pos or neg ((((

Goku
Site Admin
If angle is positive, start from the other side. I don't know if that helps with anything, but you can try and check.

Archimage
Goku wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 22:03 If angle is positive, start from the other side. I don't know if that helps with anything, but you can try and check.
I had a station where the dyntrack united 2 custom sections. It was always bugged. If i changed the position of placement and where to flex (reversed it) it didnt help - it was just bugged from the other side.

eugenR
Hello,
In the first Post you have 2 lists :
GOOD Dynatracks.txt and SHIT Dynatracks.txt.
Did you remarked, that this GOOD dynatracks don't have elevation, but all in the list SHIT ... have elevations <> 0 ?
Perhaps a problem with this elevations are the reasons for the miss linked connections of the SHIT_Dynatracks?

Regards
EugenR

Archimage
eugenR wrote: 22 Feb 2021, 15:54 Hello,
In the first Post you have 2 lists :
GOOD Dynatracks.txt and SHIT Dynatracks.txt.
Did you remarked, that this GOOD dynatracks don't have elevation, but all in the list SHIT ... have elevations <> 0 ?
Perhaps a problem with this elevations are the reasons for the miss linked connections of the SHIT_Dynatracks?

Regards
EugenR
I had such a thought but i tried to change the elevation to 0 in world file and it did NOT help.