Signals in TSRE

Use this forum if you need help using TSRE.
Archimage
Now i am working on a very hardcore route and working in MSRE (even i only place signals, speedposts and speed limits there and do other things in TSRE) can produce bugs (you know that MSRE is a bug-maker when working with heavy tiles full of objects and some unstable objects like dynamic tracks) that often damages the route and costs me lots of time and nerves to fix. The reason why i do some of actions in MSRE is that a year ago i was told by RTS admin that signals placed and linked in TSRE and some interactive objects do not properly work in MSTS and especially RTS (its a multiplayer addon for MSTS for which i make this route) and can ruin multiplayer. Is that true or was that already fixed in the latest versions of TSRE?

And can i place speedposts, speed limits, railroad crossings, platform-siding markers, fuel pumps and other interactive stuff in TSRE properly? Are dynamis tracks normally supported in TSRE?

I really love working in TSRE and want to reach a moment where i can work ONLY in TSRE and forget about MSRE forever...

Goku
Site Admin
Archimage wrote: 20 Feb 2019, 14:31Is that true or was that already fixed in the latest versions of TSRE?
I don't know because I know nothing about RTS implementation and I heard nothing about TSRE bugs related to RTS. I made an account on RTS forum but I was instantly banned after helping someone because I posted some images ... disappointing.
Archimage wrote: 20 Feb 2019, 14:31And can i place speedposts, speed limits, railroad crossings, platform-siding markers, fuel pumps and other interactive stuff in TSRE properly? Are dynamis tracks normally supported in TSRE?
Yes. You can do all of it. If you notice bugs then you can always show them here and I will try to fix them.

Archimage
Goku wrote: 20 Feb 2019, 15:51
Archimage wrote: 20 Feb 2019, 14:31Is that true or was that already fixed in the latest versions of TSRE?
I don't know because I know nothing about RTS implementation and I heard nothing about TSRE bugs related to RTS. I made an account on RTS forum but I was instantly banned after helping someone because I posted some images ... disappointing.
On which forum you were banned? rtsmp.ru ? maybe there was some misunderstanding... I can speak with the admins and they will unban you. Cause we really need you. MSRE sucks a lot and TSRE is a future for route building. What is your nick there?
I need to know for sure about signals made in TSRE working in RTS cause the last version of my route was corrupted by MSRE bugs and i dont want to suffer more and wanna build 100% in TSRE and forget about track section bugs while saving the route. But in order to do so i need to be sure that signals made in TSRE will work in RTS.
And if mentioning only MSTS - are there any bugs with signals made in TSRE in vanilla MSTS or OpenRails? And is TSRE version 0.697 is stable enough? I work in 6932 now.

Goku
Site Admin
It was trainsim.ru. Is it the official RTS forum?

Goku
Site Admin
Archimage wrote: 20 Feb 2019, 16:41And if mentioning only MSTS - are there any bugs with signals made in TSRE in vanilla MSTS or OpenRails? And is TSRE version 0.697 is stable enough? I work in 6932 now.
TSRE should work fine with MSTS.
The only problem with TSRE is that it has no error warnings so you have to be careful when editing existing interactives. If you delete something important by mistake, TSRE will not warn you.
Archimage wrote: 20 Feb 2019, 16:41But in order to do so i need to be sure that signals made in TSRE will work in RTS.
I think that you have to try. There is no other way.

Archimage
Goku wrote: 20 Feb 2019, 20:32 It was trainsim.ru. Is it the official RTS forum?
It was the official forum but now not. Now the official is http://rtsmp.ru but its much harder to register there cause anti-troll system. You should pass the short interview in TS in 3-4 days after registration or the account will be deleted. So after the registration you should write the day and time (usually its 19-20 Moscow time when admins are online) you can come for the interview in TS (there is a special theme there). After you pass you have the full rights on forum and TS. The problem is that i dont know if most of RTS admins know English well. But maybe you know russian a bit.

Archimage
Goku wrote: 20 Feb 2019, 20:36 I think that you have to try. There is no other way.
Ok i will try. But will you help to fix if i discover some bugs? We need TSRE very much cause MSRE ruined dozen of routes cause of its bugs.
And can you tell me which TSRE version is quite stable (not experimental) now?

Goku
Site Admin
Better use experimental. 0.6972
Older versions may be more stable but have more bugs.

Archimage
Goku wrote: 21 Feb 2019, 13:45 Better use experimental. 0.6972
Older versions may be more stable but have more bugs.
Ok thanks. Will tell if find any bugs in RTS. And the question - is there a way to write something in "settings" to make black cubes invisible by default? Cause my friend is working with signals and he is a noob in TSRE (even i continue to teach him) and i fear he can delete some black cubes by mistake.

Goku
Site Admin
Hmm, but black cubes (track items?) are invisible by default.
Can you show me what you mean?