TSRE Consists Won't Load

Discussion about this forum and server.
ottawarailfan
I reinstalled TSRE after having to get a new hard drive and after setting the directory to my trainset folder TSRE doesn't recognize or can't find all of my consists or items in my trainset folder. Anybody have any ideas? I've tried deleting and reinstalling TSRE and OpenRails/MSTS and that doesn't seem to work.

cr-stagg
What path have you told TSRE to look in ? Post the FULL path from hard list letter to last folder.

IT would have been better if you had posted in the sub-forum "Help". This forum is titled "Forum Discussion about this forum and server."

ottawarailfan
Sorry about posting in the wrong place. I had the path to C:\ Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Games\ Trains\ Trainset. But for some reason the path isn't seeming to work now.

Goku
Site Admin
You have to use main game path, not trainset path.

cr-stagg
ottawarailfan wrote: 30 Mar 2020, 03:59 Sorry about posting in the wrong place. I had the path to C:\ Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Games\ Trains\ Trainset. But for some reason the path isn't seeming to work now.
As Goku told you, you need to use the "game path" not the Trainset path. In this case it is C:\ Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Games.

BUT I highly recommend that you reinstall your MSTS content outside of the Program Files folders or you will continue to have problems caused by Windows security. Go to https://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/ins ... ts_w7.html and follow the procedure exactly. This was developed for Win 7 but is still applicable for installing on Win 10.
Last edited by cr-stagg on 31 Mar 2020, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.

ottawarailfan
Thanks for the help guys tht worked.